Friday, January 13, 2012

The Freshness of Snow

....Christmas is packed away, New Year's Eve was spent quietly at home and today I am enjoying watching the snow fall outside my window.
Snow always reminds me of God's grace...I don't know why but I always think of his grace covering us like a blanket of fresh snow.  Then there is the dirty snow (no not yellow snow) you know the snow that gets dirty by the road...it reminds me of the dark and dirty places of my soul and how I pray for the freshness of snow to fall on my soul again.  My final thought on relating the snow to God's grace is the melting of the snow...I know this sounds stupid to many but it reminds me that although I cannot physically see fresh snow fall each day where I live, I know that God give grace to me each day even when I feel alone, when I am too angry to pray, when I am at peace with my life...So sometimes my days are dirty, sometimes they are abundant with the fresh snow...



No comments:

Post a Comment